UK: Muslim leader kidnapped, ordered to stop religious service

UK: Muslim leader kidnapped, ordered to stop religious service


A MUSLIM community leader was kidnapped from his home by two men and taken to Epping Forest where he was ordered at knifepoint to stop his religious work.



Details are starting to emerge of the latest attack on Noor Ramjanally, whose home was firebombed last month.



He was in his flat in Valley Hill, Loughton, on Monday when he heard someone repeatedly ringing the intercom outside.



He said: “The doorbell kept ringing, I thought it was someone to fix up the flat. I came down and they grabbed me. They put a weapon, I think a knife, at the back of me and force me into a 4x4.



“They didn't say anything until I was in the forest. They said they didn't want the Islamic group in Loughton.”



After the man drove off Mr Ramjanlly was able to attract a dogwalker passing by who phoned the police. He said: “It was very shocking. I was still shaking when I got inside. It's killing me.”



The abduction marks the third time that Mr Ramjanally has been targeted since he set up Islamic prayer meetings in Murray Hall, in Borders Lane, Loughton, earlier this year.



(more)


Source: Epping Forest Guardian, h/t Islamophobia Watch

No comments: